Từ Vựng Ielts
- working longer hours = the frequency of long working hours = extended hours of work: làm việc nhiều giờ
- have a severe impact on…= have an adverse impact on… = have a harmful impact on… have a negative impact on…: có ảnh hưởng tiêu cực/có hại lên…
- impact = effect (n): ảnh hưởng
- society = community: xã hội, cộng đồng
- reduce = limit = restrict: giảm, giới hạn cái gì
- work productivity: năng suất làm việc
- suffer from various health issues: mắc các vấn đề về sức khỏe
- fatigue(n): sự mệt mỏi
- anxiety disorders(n): những sự rối loạn lo âu
- stroke(n): đột quỵ
- Failing health = poor health: sức khỏe giảm sút
- sick leave: xin nghỉ việc vì bệnh
- poor work performance: hiệu suất làm việc kém
- low productivity: năng suất thấp
- a case in point: 1 ví dụ điển hình
- frequently feel exhausted: thường xuyên cảm thấy kiệt sức
- make more errors at work: sai sót nhiều hơn tại sở làm
- have serious consequences for: gây ra hậu quả nặng nề cho…
- busy working schedules: lịch trình công việc bận rộn
- take frequent family trips: thường xuyên đi du lịch với gia đình
- have meals together: ăn cùng nhau
- overworked people: những người làm việc quá nhiều
- devote time to…: dành thời gian vào việc gì = spend time on…
- family relationships = family bonds: mối quan hệ gia đình
- a nine-to-five job: công việc hành chính từ 9 giờ sáng tới 5 giờ chiều
- job satisfaction: sự hài lòng trong công việc
- pursue a career: theo đuổi sự nghiệp
- learn various skills and experience: học được những kỹ năng và kinh nghiệm
- professional work environment: môi trường làm việc chuyên nghiệp
- get a well-paid job: có được 1 công việc được trả lương tốt
- earn a high salary: có được mức lương cao
- enough money to buy: đủ tiền để mua ( đây là cấu trúc enough)
Bài mẫu BAND 8.0
People tend to work longer hours nowadays. Working long hours has a negative effect on themselves their families and the society so working hours should be restricted. Do you agree or disagree?
Working longer hours is getting more common in today’s society. I personally believe that this trend not only has a severe impact on the workers themselves, but also on their families and the community as a whole. Therefore, I totally agree with the idea of limiting working hours.
A few decades ago, a person normally worked an average of eight hours per day. Average daily working hours in recent years, however, have significantly increased to ten or even fourteen. This, in my opinion, adversely affects employees’ health and productivity. For example, people who spend longer at work are more likely to suffer from various health issues, ranging from fatigue to more serious problems like anxiety disorders or even stroke . Failing health leads to more sick leave , poor work performanceand low productivity. My cousin is a case in point. Working nearly twelve hours on a daily basis, he frequently feels exhausted and makes more errors at work than he used to.
I also think that extended hours of work has serious consequences for families and communities . At the family level, busy working schedules prevent people from taking frequent family trips or even just having meals together. Relationships among members are greatly weakened if they cannot make time for each other. In terms of community life, overworked people do not devote time to voluntary activity that brings benefits for their society. My uncle, for example, hardly has time for local community service projects such as conservation work or working with a charity because he works more than sixty hours per week.
In conclusion, I would argue that working time should be reduced since the frequency of long working hours exerts an adverse effect on employees, their family bonds and their community.
Để học thêm nhiều từ vựng và cấu trúc tiếng Anh hay, các bạn ghé thăm Báo Song Ngữ nhé.